Artist's Core

... Sign in!
Artist's Core

Forum pentru arta. In special scris, literatura, rpg. Fuck this mental prohibiton.

Tender beasts [ Derek/Isaac ] - Katya and Mary

Distribuiţi
    MaryBoleyn - Moderator
    Published Writer.
    Published Writer.

Data de inscriere : 21/10/2011
    Varsta : 34
    Localizare : Everywhere. 8->

Tender beasts [ Derek/Isaac ] - Katya and Mary

Mesaj  MaryBoleyn - Moderator la data de Joi Aug 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Derek felt like he couldn't sleep anymore. The only thing that was in his mind was the attack and that someone would die because of him being stubborn. Because of him being an Alpha that won't kill his pack. He tried to make them run away, he tried to make them hate him and he definitely tried to get away from them and to find reasons to kill them. Of course he couldn't. As he opened his eyes he saw one of the main reasons he couldn't be the Alpha Deucalion wanted him to be: Isaac. Derek's lips curved into a small smile when he watched Isaac breathing, smile that fade in the next moment when he saw the symbol painted on his window. He started moving in the bed where they were both sleeping, trying to find some sleep, trying to make the thoughts run away. The only image present in his mind was him killing Scott or Boyd or, God forbid, Isaac and he couldn't bare it. He couldn't bare the guilt that he could kill someone of his own.

Because he was afraid he could wake Isaac up, Derek got up, making the slowest moves so that he was sure he won't wake his pup up. He tiptoed to the window and put his hand on the symbol painted on the outside, wishing for rain, for something that would make it disappear. All he could feel was rage. Rage he was weak. Weak for not being able to kill his pack and weak for not being able to stand all the Alphas. They are too many and they are more powerful than you - Scott used to tell him whenever he wanted to go after them on his own. Because he wouldn't risk his friend's lives just for a mood he had. He looked back at Isaac, making sure he was asleep and then looked on the window again, watching his car parked, waiting to move in a direction. The only thing he kept asking himself was what would that direction be.

I've given up on you. Love fades. Mine has.
    Katya Anjoux - Admin
    The Ultimate, Incontestable Queen.

Data de inscriere : 20/10/2011
    Varsta : 97

Re: Tender beasts [ Derek/Isaac ] - Katya and Mary

Mesaj  Katya Anjoux - Admin la data de Joi Aug 15, 2013 2:13 pm

It began as a slow haze, tired eyelids battling against the little light that broke through midnight. Isaac curled into a ball, the blond's hand now tucked restlessly behind the other's pillow, his uncoordinated fingers avid for warmth. The werewolf flinched quietly when his skin met only cold air. Then, right after Isaac's wide eyes flashed open in an instant, being granted the view of an empty bed, he decided to allow himself five seconds before the panic would set in. With his heartbeat pounding in the back of his head, distorting every sound he could possibly hear even so, the blond sprung upright - it was almost past his lips, Where are you?, if only he had let himself admit he wasn't able to feel Derek nearby. Not like it could happen the other way around. Yet, although Isaac didn't sense whether his Alpha was close or far, he certainly felt breathless at the simple thought that he might not be here at all. He finally left they took him what if he's gone what if my fault my fault my fault. The boy brought a shaking hand up to his tangled curls, and tugged at a specifically rebel strand of hair.

Isaac never felt more stupid in his life than he did when he saw the ever-fading silhouette beneath the window's edge, both so alive and so lifeless in the raw moonlight, and recognized Derek's ancient eyes by the next second

The infinite in me honours the infinite in you.
    MaryBoleyn - Moderator
    Published Writer.
    Published Writer.

Mesaj  MaryBoleyn - Moderator la data de Joi Aug 15, 2013 2:27 pm

A slow move. Heart pounding faster because of panic. That's how Derek knew Isaac was awake. He figured out he left the bed and because he was still a pup he couldn't feel Derek's presence. Not yet. Derek had to teach his little werewolf to do that. His eyes didn't move, remaining stuck on the car that didn't move either. And that's how his life was: stuck between decisions, stuck between feelings. When he felt Isaac's eyes on his silhouette, Derek turned his head to meet those blue eyes, that glitter that made him realized he was awake and not dreaming. He let himself stare at Isaac more than he should have and when he finally turned his back to have a look at the black sign that brought him nightmares, he managed to speak.

"I am sorry I woke you up" - his voice was a whisper and for a moment he thought he was the only one who heard it. He turned his head to look at those electric blue eyes and at that curly blond hair, a small smile curving at the corner of his lips. Seeing Isaac up was not what he intended to which was the reason he got up from bed. "You should go back to sleep" - he continued, talking louder, making sure the werewolf heard him.

Katya Anjoux - Admin

Mesaj  Katya Anjoux - Admin la data de Joi Aug 15, 2013 2:46 pm

A wave of relief swept over him, but Isaac considered he'd better try to diminish the display of gratitude he felt upon seeing Derek there. Just within the reach of an arm. As naive as ever and oh didn't he know it well, the blond hopelessly hoped that this would go on forever... that they would go on forever. He didn't -couldn't- grasp to understand what forever meant. Most of the times, he settled for a "now". He settled for the present and even thanked for it, as long as that present had Derek included. Of course, it probably angered his Alpha, the unspoken "Please don't leave; everyone did" that was imprinted on Isaac's teal eyes. How many times did he want to go awat? How many times more until he finally will? Is it pity? He didn't care. He'd gladly take that if it brought him moments, hours, days more with Derek. Be it pity, or duty, or even a sick masochistic desire to heal the wounded, for Isaac, it did suffice.

Untraceable, the werewolf shook his head at the other's words. "No, no -" he began, voice husky and sore after he woke up, "Don't apologize. I wasn't bound to get much sleep anyway tonight; I think a storm might be coming."

He ran his fingers through his hair, quiet eyes etched on the floor, pondering timidly at the self-fulfilling prophecy he had just stated.

MaryBoleyn - Moderator
    Published Writer.
    Published Writer.

Mesaj  MaryBoleyn - Moderator la data de Joi Aug 15, 2013 3:01 pm

A storm - that's what he wanted. A storm would clear his mind, a storm would make that bloody sign disappear. A little fall of rain would help him get the right decision whether he was about to fight until death or run like a coward. Coward - word used so often in his mind, because that's how he felt for not protecting anyone, for letting this happen. For not running when he had the chance. For waiting. "Coward" - he whispered for himself, because in his mind, the word wasn't louder enough for him to believe it. He didn't dare say it louder, because he didn't want Isaac to hear him, although he feared the werewolf did.

"What do you have on your mind?" - the Alpha asked, his voice trying to sound normal, like nothing happened. Derek was worried, but he didn't want to show it, but with Isaac it was different. With Isaac he stopped being the overprotective Alpha that protected every member of his pack just because that was his duty. He protected Isaac, because he felt like doing it, because he couldn't see Isaac hurt.

Usually, the Alphas always let their packs alone to learn how to survive, to learn what being a werewolf means, to learn how to protect themselves alone, with no other help. Derek was different when it came about Isaac. He needed to have him by his side, no matter the consequences.

Katya Anjoux - Admin

Mesaj  Katya Anjoux - Admin la data de Vin Aug 16, 2013 2:32 am

Isaac brought his head up to meet Derek's eyes, and, cautiously, offered a shrug. Dragging his legs closer to his chest, while his arms curled tentatively around the sharp, boney knees, the werewolf inhaled a hesitant breath, then blew out the air softly. On his mind? What did it matter? Derek himself had always scolded Isaac for over-thinking, for biting and chewing endlessly on the past times, for diving too deep into the marrow of the problem - so what difference did it make now?

"Nothing", he assured the other, a pallid smile being held forward as proof.

After a few more empty seconds, Isaac leaned on his hands in order to get out of bed. The blond didn't tear away the unrelenting stare set on his Alpha, but instead balanced his way towards the window, feet faltering across the floor. A cold shiver he couldn't account on something raked through. Despite his previous promise to pass off as nonchalant, when he was close enough to see the estranged sentiments in Derek's look, he unclenched his fists so he could touch the other. Isaac's fingers stood in air for a moment, almost translucent in the light, and they remained there, just above the Alpha's shoulder, as unsure as their holder was.

"What's wrong?", the boy whispered, his voice never so furtive and careful before. In the next minute, he let his hand fall limp at his side, but the grave desire to comfort Derek never left his eyes.

MaryBoleyn - Moderator
    Published Writer.
    Published Writer.

Mesaj  MaryBoleyn - Moderator la data de Vin Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Derek's look was set on the floor and as he heard Isaac's feet approaching he kept it that way, afraid to meet those eyes who had so many questions for him, questions he knew he didn't have answers for. He was still waiting for that rain and for a moment he thought that all he had been doing in the past year was waiting: waiting for the Alpha pack to come when he could have taken Isaac and run, waiting for the Alphas to understand he was not going to be part of their pack when he could have made it clear from the beginning. Coward was the smallest word Derek could use to describe himself.

When the Alpha felt his werewolf's hand on his shoulder, the skin from his back started trembling so much that he needed to move his fingers so that the feeling would disappear. His eyes closed slowly and breathing louder he just put his hand above the pup's without looking at him. As he felt Isaac's soft skin, Derek breathed relieved because his skin felt so pure, memories of him being like that long gone.

"Everything" - he lied, because there was a thing that wasn't wrong and that was them. They would never be wrong. The Alpha's hand fell from his shoulder as the rain started, his eyes fixed on the curtains of water that were making his visibility lower than it was before. As the drops were falling on the window he could see his reflection, feeling someone was watching him, but when he raised his look the only thing he saw were the same sad dark eyes, once red, watching him, blaming him for everything that happened. Derek couldn't stand staring in those eyes so he moved his look on his pup's face, focusing on the shape of his eyes, on the shape of his lips, trying to get his thoughts away.

Katya Anjoux - Admin

Mesaj  Katya Anjoux - Admin la data de Lun Aug 19, 2013 10:49 am

"Oh", he mouthed, as though fighting the silence, and drew back diligently before his eyes gave him away.

The younger werewolf's head dashed slowly, shoulders slouching in resign. Resign, so familiar and yet how estranged it felt tonight. Because he couldn't help Derek, he knew he couldn't, and it was strangling and tormenting and unbearable and he should have been able to -- Isaac let his fingernails bite at the soft flesh of his inner hands. He suddenly didn't want to think or to fight anymore, and, as he tucked a length of hair behind his ear, the beta's mind twirled around more than resign. He could, undoubtedly, taste the bitterness of defeat. And it was not a battle of his own he lost; no, Isaac had lost his battles at their time, to the point where the privilege of victory and the easiness of loss seemed equal-worthy. Winning never made much improvements against the mess his life used to be, so, probably somewhere along the way, little Isaac quit trying to win altogether. Then he grew up and being a failure curled into his veins, an innate way to charm him into adopting that demeanor at all costs, and after that... well, after that he stopped being human at all. But he would not fail Derek.

"I'm--- Look, I know you certainly don't want me to do anything, but if I can..." Isaac paused and dove his hands into the shallow pockets of his hoodie. Then, gulping a mouthful of air, he exhaled the hunted words: "Derek, please, let me help."

With a desperate savagery taking hold of his movements, the blond grabbed his Alpha's arm, wide eyes seizing the other in their plea. His nails also left three crescent moons in Derek's pale wrist. "Please. Anything", he repeated the past words almost emptily, Isaac's tone being deafening in its emotion. He leaned into the other, and it felt like his lungs, his blood, his entire being would cease to exist, commanded by Derek's presence.

Continut sponsorizat

Mesaj  Continut sponsorizat

Acum este: Lun Aug 20, 2018 6:13 am